Tuesday, July 17, 2012

PEOPLE FROM MY AGE ARE GRADUATING!!!

  People are graduating from college. My close friend from elementary school just did. Here's her announcements, status updates from Facebook and the proof, she screenshot this from her college web and edited it then she added a picture-of-a-girl-with-the-tears-of-joy-streaming-down-her-face to it, then posted it to her Instagram and to Twitter:





  Exciting isn't it? I'm so happy for her.

  And now, me. I'm still waiting for my time to start it. I haven't even started yet. It's kind of intimidating. The thoughts of knowing that I'm far behind them, my class of 2009. I'm 3 years behind. While I'm still struggling with assignments, papers, lecturers, college, they'll start talking about jobs, offices, the bosses, the money... MARRIAGE. I'm actually kind of embarrassed. I'm scared. And there's the pressure. Oh great. I maybe wouldn't really care if I'm only 2 years behind. But 3? That's a lot to adjust.

  My coming friends will be like my little sister. I could be not growing up. This relates to my maturity. Which is still on progress. I'll be trapped in this teen environment so my maturity development would be just like them. While I keep ageing. Would I be just degrading my maturity? And continue developing it according to them? So I'm gonna be an 18 year-old trapped in a 20 year-old body? It's too complicated for me to even explain all this. Even through writing. And I have to adapt myself befriend with them and studying with them. Since I only talk to them if my sister bring some of her friends to my house. And I'll only greet them with hellos. But this, I have to talk with them, everyday. Having conversation, discussing my subjects, working on group assignments, maybe hangout. 

  I don't take this seriously until my friends are started graduating, starting the thesis, -- the people I had passed the orientation days with while I was still on my previous college are actually starting to make their thesis proposals. Wish them the best of luck. I hope my journey can be as smooth as they have. It's not even smooth for them, I know, but at least I can graduate as fast as they can. And I'm gonna have to work really fuckin hard to achieve it.

  Well, I'll just give it all to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment